By MyNewPlace Guest Blogger, Ron Leshnower – About.com’s Apartment Living Expert Many renters find themselves having mixed feelings about moving. On the one hand, they realize that something is lacking in their current apartment that’s driving them to consider looking for a new place. But on the other hand, there’s so much they like about their building — [...]
Archive | Apartment Marketing RSS feed for this section
We got so excited about all our excellent ideas for you savvy property managers to put on events, we had to add a few more: Ice Cream Social Who doesn’t like ice cream? Okay, actually, I don’t particularly, and lactose intolerant people really don’t, but there are ways around that: also provide cookies and dairy-free [...]
A great property deserves a great property manager—and so does your real estate investment. Choosing the correct manager can be the difference between crisis and relaxation. But how to choose the right one? First of all, make sure whomever you interview is worth the time. Résumés will tell you a lot, but personal recommendations will [...]
General renting information What’s available now, how big it is, what amenities come along with it, and any information about what it costs. You know, all the stuff you’d normally look for on Craigslist, while bemoaning the unattractive formatting. Also, figure out the exact location of the place, and how to get in touch with [...]
Do you manage apartments? Are you marketing them? Do you not have any clue what “Instagram” means? You’ve come to the right place. Instagram is a mobile app (that’s “application” for you who are still in the Dark Ages, and you need a smartphone for it, specifically an Apple or Android smartphone—not that the author [...]
Multifamily Executive reported recently on the “12 Must-Haves for Any Gen Y-Friendly Apartment,” essentially a list of things you need to attract this picky next generation of renters. They’re all good to keep in mind—but what if you don’t have some of these must-haves? Here’s our advice for a good course of action: Emphasize location [...]
10. No Foreclosure If you own your own house or condo and you can no longer pay your mortgage, the bank will seize the property and seriously damage your credit. In an apartment, if you can no longer afford it and have to move back in with relatives, sure, you may have to break your [...]
As Multifamily Insider discussed recently, the world—property management included—has changed forever. The internet and social media platforms have made it incredibly easy for people to give feedback, a fact which can either hurt or harm someone in a management position. For example, the recent explosion over Susan G. Komen’s decision to pull funds from Planned [...]
Oh, Property Management Insider. They’re always blowing the lid off property management stories. Most recently, they contend that an apartment manager’s maintenance team is not only key to lease renewals, they can be very important to marketing. Marketing, you say? Turns out Property Management Insider writer Michael Cunningham had a moving encounter with a housekeeper [...]
A recent blog post on Multifamily Insider outlined a good marketing strategy for those of you looking to entice new residents (and, let’s face it, that’s all of you, you hungry property managers, you). You know the deal: you team up with a local merchant with a similar market, and promote each other. It’s free, [...]
- ‘Tis the Season of Farm Fresh Food May 24, 2013
- Memorial Day Getaways For TheHoliday Weekend May 22, 2013
- Stuff You’ll Never Do After You Graduate May 20, 2013
- Five (Low Calorie!) Meals with Summer Flavors May 17, 2013
- Seven Tips for a Great “Gatsby” Party May 15, 2013
- Demetria Gjorven: I have really noticed that credit score improvemen...
- security companies UK: Informative post! I am totally agreed with you on ...
- Julia Erlandson: Hello, We have some properties in the area that m...
- Julia Erlandson: Hi Patricia! We have a whole lists of properties ...
- Patricia Jenkins: I'm trying to relocate back home to Delaware and...