Feel free to mix and match:
1. Ignore it. Hey, maybe you’re even one of those lucky people who works better with “white noise”.
2. Buy earplugs. You can also invest in some higher quality noise-cancelling headphones if regular earplugs aren’t doing the trick.
3. Buy louder speakers. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.
4. Stop working from home. If you have an office, go there, and if not, check out your local library for quiet workspaces.
5. Stop sleeping at home. Okay, so this one isn’t ideal…
6. Ask them nicely to please shut it. Key word: nicely! Don’t escalate until you absolutely have to.
7. If it’s after city ordinance quiet hours, call the cops. No one wants to get a ticket.
8. Tell on them to your landlord—if you share one. Make sure you document every instance of noisiness if you’re going to go this route.
9. Get the hell out of Dodge (move). Hopefully it doesn’t come to this, but you can’t put a price on your sanity!
Have you ever had to deal with noisy neighbors? Tell us how you handled it here or on Facebook!
You might also Like