Did you watch Downton Abbey this season? OMG, right?! Don’t you wish you lived in that beautiful house (or church, or maybe it’s a museum)? Have you ever thought about how your place compares? I have!
For context, I live in a studio apartment in San Francisco.
How my apartment is like Downtown Abbey
1. It has both an upstaaaaahs and a downstaaaahs. Drawback: I only have residential access to one floor.
2. I sometimes/often feel like I cannot afford to live in my apartment.
3. There is a kitchen, kind of.
4. I sometimes overhear people’s conversations in my apartment (thanks, cardboard walls).
5. Like the Dowager Countess, I like to sit in my chair and judge passersby — a street-facing window makes this easy.
Critical upgrades my apartment would need to become Downton Abbey:
1. About 17 billion more rooms. Like, enough that I might never even set foot in some of them.
2. A staff for your home. No one has ever prepared and served me dinner in my own place. Nor has anyone dressed me for said dinner! Staff must insist on using proper titles and surnames only. Think I could find that on Craigslist?
3. More residents. I am on the fence about this one.
4. Way sweeter clothing (especially hats) and decor.
5. More draaaaamz! Come on, neighbors, have a scandal I can eavesdrop on!
6. Time travel.
7. Bells in rooms that you can ring when you need something, such a great idea.
8. A *significantly* larger budget. Okay, this is not really my apartment, it’s more like my bank account, but you know.
Are you more of a Lady Mary or an Edith? On a scale of 1 to Downton Abbey, how fabulous is your home? Tell us here or on Facebook!